Big Chop w/ Confidence :-)


During my transitioning to natural hair, I would think about doing the big chop, but never actually did the deed. It took me 11 months to finally get up enough courage, (Yes COURAGE!) to cut my hair, but I did it and I do not have any regrets.

In my opinion, it takes a lot of courage to cut off something you have grown accustom too, something that has been a safety net for as long as I can remember. Not to mention, eliminating the ability when having a bad hair day the option of putting my hair in a ponytail and calling it a day.

While considering whether I should do the big chop. I came up with  many reasons why I should not get my hair cut. For me, the main reason (and the most important in my humble opinion) was I just did not believe that I would look attractive with short hair.  In my defense, I have only seen myself with medium to long straight hair. Moreover, like Tyra Banks says; I have a fivehead (not forehead).

I could not picture myself with short hair. Although, I would see other women with short haircuts and thought they looked so put together and very attractive. I just did not believe that I could pull it off. 

Well, today is a new day!!!
 
I not only cut my hair, but I am feeling attractive, confident, and empowered. Whoa…that’s a lot for a little haircut, but there it is.
Picture 5
I would like to thank a few ladies for giving me the information (via website and/or YouTube) I needed to make my decision.
@afrobella, @vanewpc, @mbeautyjunkie, @colouredbeauty, @curlycrazy, @africanexport, and @curlynikki

 Technorati Tags: ,,

Popular Posts