Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Foundation

Today I decided to change things up and use my Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra foundation instead of my usual Chanel Matte Lumiere.  I purchased the liquid foundation a while ago from Dillard’s Department store, at the time the foundation was $42.00. The sales associate had some problems matching my skin tone, but I am growing accustom to that around here.  Finally, the associate was able to match me with Suede 3W, which I believe is next to the last option for darker skin complexions.
Lancôme advertised the foundation to be (reading from the bottle)
·         Enduringly divine
·         Comfortable
·         Lasts up to 14 hours
·         Retouch-free
·         Oil-free

Skin Type:  combination skin, I can get oily in my T-Zone. I am also prone to breakouts
First I would like to say, I love the color, I have been wearing the foundation, off and on, for over a year. Excellent for someone with yellow undertones, limited to no oxidation, matte finish which I love.  The foundation is very comfortable to wear; feels like you don’t have any makeup on. It will give you a light to medium coverage (the foundation is buildable). I cannot contest to lasting 14 hours, but it does last for 8 hours, and I did not retouch during the course of the day. The product does not break me out or look oily after wearing for several hours. So I would have to say it is oil-free. One thing I really love about the foundation is it does not transfer onto my clothes. I don’t know if everyone has this problem, but when I wear shirts with collars, sometimes by me blending my foundation down my neck. The foundation sometimes gets onto my shirt collars. 
In addition, I have noticed that the foundation looks better on my skin when I apply with a Sigma Kabuki F80 brush, or any foundation brush. In my opinion, it doesn’t look great when applied with fingers.  You will have to work fast, because the foundation dries fast.
Overall: the foundation does what is advertised. Good coverage, excellent for use during the summer months. The foundation has a light comfortable feel, does not feel heavy on your face and does not transfer.
Side Note: The foundation has since been replaced with Teint Idole Ultra 24H, which has a more diverse color line.

Popular Posts