Review-Amazing Botanticals Black Soap Shampoo

I received a sample of the Amazing Botanticals Black Soap Poo in a CurlKit Sample Pack. I was a little skeptical about using the shampoo. One reason, I am not a fan of shampoo. The other reason, I was not familiar with Black Soap. However, I am glad I took a chance because I was not disappointed.

A little about Amazing Botanticals.
Two young women from Brooklyn, New York whose focus is healthy skin and hair. Amazing Botanticals' products are handmade and all natural. Paraben, Mineral, and Petro Free. The two NYC chefs whose philosophy is; “to promote healthy hair and skin by producing all natural products that are cost efficient while remaining exquisitely premium".  These women are doing a great job :-)
With doubts in mind, I tried the shampoo. First thing a little goes a long way, I maybe used a dime size and the suds were plentiful. After rinsing the shampoo out, my hair did not feel dry, it was much moisturized, the cleansing is wonderful and my hair was soft and shiny afterwards. I wanted to try the Honey Condish, but it was way too thick and would not come out of the bottle. So I moved on to my Trader Joe’s conditioner.

On to the review:

Product: Black Soap Shampoo
Pricing: $12.00 for 8oz
Available at: Amazingbotanticals.com , Abesmarket.com

Description:
SULFATE FREE, MOISTURIZING AND SUDSY!
Our Black Soap Shampoo is infused with Red Palm, Grapeseed, Marshmallow root, Burdock, Plantain, Nettle, Rosemary, and Panthenol. This super sudsy formula cleanses without drying and is enriched with Vitamins A,C,E and Beta Carotene.

Ingredients:
Liquid Black Soap infused with Red Palm, Grapeseed, Marshmallow root, Burdock, Plantain, Nettle, Rosemary, and Panthenol

Pros:
  • Not drying
  • Moisturizes hair
  • Cleans hair well
  • All natural
 Cons:
  • None
Overall Thoughts: After washing my hair with Amazing Botanticals Black Soap Shampoo, my hair was soft and shiny. I was pleasantly surprised that the shampoo did not make my hair feel like straw. I followed up with Trader Joe’s conditioner and Coco Curls Styling Cream. My curls were shiny and bouncy. I would definitely recommend this product, not only a regular shampoo, but a clarifying shampoo. After you rinse out the product your hair will feel squeaky clean, but not dry.

Popular Posts