Review: Jane Carter Solution Hair Care Products

I  receive several Jane Carter Solution home grown hair care products in my April 2012 CurlKit. Which was lucky for me because I have wanted to try the products for a while; unfortunately, the products are not sold at any of my local area stores. As I anticipated, from the reviews that I have watched over the years, I did enjoy the products and will purchase again. Currently, I have been keeping up with my TWA, I love the whole idea of wash and go. With that, I used Carter’s products to co-wash and/or a styling aid to my wash and go. The products I received were:

Product Name: Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner spray bottle

Price: $9.00 for 8oz.

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Extracts of: Aloe Vera, Comfrey, Watercress, Myrrh, Panthenol, Anthemis Noblis Flower (Camomile), Symphytum Officinal Leaf (Comfrey), Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail), Urtica Dioica (Nettle), Rosemarinus Officinalis Leaf (Rosemary) ,Humulus Lupulus (Hops), Lawsonia Inermis (Henna), Certified Organic Essential Oils: Lemon, Vanilla Extract, Polyquarternium11, Soyamid DEA, PPG30, Cetyl Ether, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Hydroxypropyltrimonium hydrolyzed wheat protein, Phenoxyethanol.



Pros:              
* Great smell, very light.
* Excellent for summer time
* Light, did not weigh my hair down
* Excellent to freshen-up curls


Cons:
None

Overall Thoughts: After co-washing my hair with Jane Carter’s Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner, I saturated my hair with the Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner. I then finger combed my hair and added Jane Carter’s Nourish & Shine, and B.A.S.K's hair milk. The product was okay, didn’t seem to do anything special. I prefer Cantu Shea Butter as a leave-in conditioner. Jane Carter’s Leave-In Conditioner has a very light and pleasant smell, was not over-powering. Personally, I will use the Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner to freshen up my curls and not as a leave-in conditioner


Product Name: Jane Carter Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner

Price: $13.00 for 8oz

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Extracts of: Green Tea, Sage, Rosemary, Basil, Mullein, Licorice, Thyme, and Vanilla, Certified Organic: Sunflower Oil, Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, Lavender Oil, Lemon Oil, Wheat Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Panthenol, Caprylic Acid, Glycine, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid

Pros:
* Great smell. The fragrance is very light, not over-powering.
* Excellent as a daily wash and go conditioner
* Moisturizing
* Creamy
* Soften hair

Cons:
None

Overall Thoughts: I used the Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner to co-wash my wash and go. I really like the conditioner. After using it to co-wash, the conditioner left my hair soft, tangle free and moisturized. The conditioner worked well with my other hair care products, it has a light pleasant smell. I would definitely purchase again (online of course).


Product Name: Jane Carter Nourish & Shine
Price: $22.00 for 4oz


Ingredients: Shea butter, Kokum butter, Illippe butter, Mango butter, Vitamins A, D, & E, grapefruit essential oils. squalene

Pros:
o All natural
o Pleasant smell
o Melts fast into hair
o Gives hair a nice shine
o Light, did not weigh my hair down
o Kept hair moisturized all day

Cons:
o Fragrance can compete with any perfume you may be wearing

Overall Thoughts: I added Jane Carter’s Nourish & Shine along with B.A.S.K’s hair milk after co-washing my hair with Jane Carter’s Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner. I do like the Nourish & Shine product. The consistency is smooth and silky as it melts instantly in the palm of your hand, doesn’t leave your hair greasy or weighed down. For me, the scent can be a little domineering and did compete with the perfume I was wearing that day. However, the smell is very pleasant and could be worn as a perfume scent by itself. Personally, I will skip the perfume the next time I use the product in my hair. The Nourish & Shine product did keep my hair moisturized all day and did not weigh down my curls.

Popular Posts